Christmas time is the most wonderful time of the year, right? There are all of those parties, the gorgeous Christmas lights, the festive music, and incredible sweets to be eaten. And, of course, you'll probably be receiving gifts from friends and family members. Christmas might also be a hard time of the year if you are in a money slump. Perhaps you have lost your job. It may be that you are a college student on a very tight budget. For whatever reason that you don't have a lot of money to spend on Christmas gifts, here are some ideas that might help you to give thoughtful and valuable Christmas presents while you are on a tight budget.
Look For Sales
Remember that most stores even have good sales. Don't forget to shop at yard sales and at thrift stores, too.
- Always head to the Clearance area of the store first.
- Ask clerks for reduced prices when items are slightly damaged.
- When you shop at yard sales, try making deals with the seller.
- At thrift stores, look for things that still have their original price tag on them.
Head To A Pawn Shop
Do you have something you can sell at a pawn shop? The good thing is that you can buy that item back once you have the cash in hand. And, you can find great things to give as Christmas presents at a pawn shop, too.
- Don't part with something that you'll regret selling later.
- Be sure to note on your calendar the day you have to redeem the item you have sold.
- Think of selling things that don't have an emotional meaning behind them.
- For example, sell jewelry that you know you'll never wear again.
Besides borrowing money at a pawn shop like Rocky Mountain Pawn, it's a great place to do all of your Christmas shopping. For example, if somebody on your gift list has a turn table, you can more than likely find great vinyl records to give to that person. Has somebody on your list been wanting a guitar? You'll probably find just what you want at a pawn shop, and you'll be amazed at how reasonable the price is. Toys and computer games are also something you might find at a pawn shop. Just make a list and take it with you so that you can check names off as you make your purchases.